Katie Durbin, LCSW
I’ve spent the past 15 years helping hundreds of families navigate the complexities of living with a serious illness.
Experience and Education:
- Adjunct professor, Aurora University School of Social Work
- Program facilitator and presenter at Wellness House
- Reiki Certified, Level 1
- Medical and Oncology social worker – University of Chicago, Northwestern Memorial and NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Patient navigator – American Cancer Society
- Hospice social worker – JourneyCare
BA Sociology and Social Work, University of Dayton (1997)
- MSW, Loyola University Chicago (2004)
A note from Katie:
My professional experience isn’t all I bring into our sessions. I’m also a mom, wife, daughter and sister. These roles can get messy and confusing when dealing with illness.
Having cared for my own dad during his illness, I look at how best I can help you not only from my clinical brain, but also from my own experiences.
Being in therapy myself. I know what it’s like to feel overwhelmed, knowing you need help but not wanting to ask for it. I also know the relief felt when you finally sit with someone whose sole purpose is to support you.
When I’m not working you can usually find me with my family. I also love going to movies alone, tv shows that make me laugh or cry, live shows or music, finding unique handmade goods, obsessing over podcasts and spending time with friends.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Association of Oncology Social Workers (AOSW)
- Case Management Society of America (CMCA)
- Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care (SSWLHC)